Hi all, my name is Liz and I am at your service! Want a trusty sitter with a big heart and devotion to caring for pets? Look no further.
- I live in Voorburg and have flexible hours, trying to go to my office in The Hague for a few hours per day
- I have experience with many breeds and sizes of dogs, cats and rabbits; I love both calm and energetic types
- I have sat many puppies and kittens, as well as older dogs, and can adapt my interactions
- I have two years of sitting experience (walking, boarding, home visits) and have never had a bad experience or review
- I love animals despite their complex emotions and shyness (I have a LOT of patience and an intuition that tells me how to react to certain emotions and actions)
- If I am worried about your pet, I won’t hesitate to contact you to ask what’s up. Rather safe than sorry.
- I like taking photos and sending them to the owners, if they prefer that. I can also give you space.
- I reserve the right not to sit aggressive animals. For this reason, please be so kind as to contact me for an ‘orientation meeting’ to see if we’re a good fit.
- I live in an apartment, but in an area with tons of green spaces.
- I am willing to travel to other towns or cities to sit animals.
'You have many friends and hobbies, but you are your pet's only friend and their life revolves around you.' I always keep this in mind in my interactions with domestic animals, taking extra care to give them love and provide a sense of safety and security. By interacting with pets all my life I've come to understand how sensitive they are and how complex their emotions are, and I try my best to go beyond just being a sitter or a walker to an actual pet lover.
Growing up, we'd always have at least two cats and two dogs in the house. At the moment my parents have three cats and three dogs, all of whom I love dearly. After one of my mom's cats passed away recently, we gave her a kitten. And what a joy she has been! I miss her dearly and wish I could watch and help her grow. I love being in a house full of animals, but my life doesn't allow that at the moment. But I have two awesome bunnies who I spend time with. I love them to death and provide them the best care possible. And although the bond between a pet sitter and the animals they sit will never be the same as that of a pet owner and their animals, I try my best to simulate my relationship with my own pets when sitting others' animals.
I have been a sitter on Pawshake before (see my photos), but took a break after I temporarily moved to a different city and worked full-time. I missed petsitting immensely in this period and would now like to do it again.
NOTE: I prefer home sitting, boarding and after-hours or early-morning walks and visits, though I very occasionally may be available during the middle of the day to walk a pet (once-off, not regularly). I do not have a family, so home sitting is not a problem for me at all! I know that pets feel most comfortable in their own environments so I can come to you, but I also offer boarding services and keep my own rabbits separate from the pets I sit (for their sake - most of the dogs or cats don't mind rabbits at all, but rabbits are prey animals and don't like other animals).
Liz is wonderful and my dog had a great time with her.
Phoebe heeft het heerlijk gehad bij Liz. We zullen zeker vaker gebruik maken van dit fijne adres!
I have experience in administering medication (no injections, though).
I have tons of experience with puppies and kittens and I love looking after them!
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, 24/7 support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, daily updates and more!