My boyfriend and I just moved to Amsterdam from Houston, Texas at the beginning of July and have been craving the attention of the all the beautiful animals that we have seen so far. Unfortunately, I was unable to move here with my greyhound (Rari), but am looking to move her out here in the near future. I adopted her from a retired racing greyhound organization around 3 years ago and it has been the best decision ever. My boyfriend, pictured in the profile, raised his golden retriever (Rico) since he was a puppy. Sadly, Rico passed away this past year after nearly 15 great years. As you can imagine, we have been starved of affection from animals and can promise to exhibit the best care possible. I have dog walked and dog sitted back in the US and have experience taking care of all types of dogs and cats. We enjoy being outdoors and active and love to go to dog parks and take hikes. I work from home most days of the week and my boyfriend is only working part time, which gives us plenty of time to focus on your loved one. If there are any other questions about us, feel free to reach out. I look forward to getting to meet you and your animals.
About home and services:
We live in a small apartment in the De Pijp neighborhood. The apartment is located on the first floor and opens up to a really good sized fenced in patio area. Since our place is small, we plan to only take 1 dog/cat at a time unless they are coming from the same home. We have no other animals or people in the home besides us. Nearby is Sarphatipark where we will take the dog(s) on walks around 3 times a day. We are available to dog sit, dog walks, and home visits/sitting. Our schedule's are flexible so are available at almost all days/times. We can be with the dog all day with the exception of leaving to run tasks. If there are any specific durations or requests for dog walking or dog sitting, we are always happy to comply. Rates for these services are provided in the profile. If there are any other service requests just please let us know.
Here are a few other good additional details to know:
1. What is your home like?
- Small apartment in De Pijp located on the first floor. Pictures of our apartment are in our profile.
2. Where are the guest pets allowed to sleep?
- We will allow the pets to sleep in our bedroom so the animal will always be close and can feel secure.
3. If you have a backyard, what is it like? Is it fully fenced? Are your gates safe and secured?
- We don't have a backyard but have a large patio that is fully fenced in. There are no gates and the fence is secure.
4. What services do you offer and what’s included in them?
- We are open to all services such as dog walking, dog/cat sitting, dog/cat boarding, and home visits.
5. What is the minimum amount of time you’ll stay with the pets during your dog walks, home visits for the rate in your profile?
- If it is just a bathroom break then will take the dog out for a quick 10 minute walk. However, for most walks, we plan to go on walks for longer than 30 minutes. We will plan to do at least 3 walks a day.
6. When are you available for those services? Morning, afternoon, evening?
- We are available at all times since we are both working from home and my boyfriend is only working part time.
7. How long would you stay in the owner's home on a typical day of a house sit? What services will be included during your stay?
- We can stay as long as the owner wants or as long as the animal is needed. During the stay, we can play with the pet as well as make sure they have sufficient food and water.
Andrew is very well and fast with communication. Also he is very attentioned and let us know if something was wrong with our dog, or if he needed some tips to deal with certain things. I felt very much at ease with leaving our dog with him and would do it again when the opportunity is there.
The reason for giving you guys 5 stars is because there is no 6 stars rating :-) Thanks a lot for taking care of my two boys. Happy with the way you treated them, the love and attention provided. No doubt I count on you for next times.
- Have dog walking and dog sitting experience
- Have underwent a background check this past June to transfer for work, so can provide my Certificate of Good Standing.
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, 24/7 support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, daily updates and more!